1. Who appointed Magu as acting EFFC Chairman?
2. Who stood by Magu against odds in the last five years?
3. Who was accused of foisting Magu on the EFCC in the face of corruption allegations against Magu?
4. Who has the power to remove Magu even without offering any reason?
5. Who has the power to investigate Magu?
6. Did the president commit any crime by asking that Magu be investigated based on allegations against him?
7. Is Magu above investigation?
8. Is it only Magu that can fight corruption in Nigeria?
9. If Magu is removed today, will it be the end of the anti-corruption war?
10. If Magu is found to be innocent of allegations against him and cleared, will it not strengthen his reputation to fight corruption?
President Reagan said “Trust but verify“. There is an Arab saying “Trust Allah but tie your Camel“.
There is nothing wrong with investigating Magu. There is everything wrong with not doing so.
There is a difference between Character and Reputation. Character is who you are. Reputation is what others think of you.
This is a test of Magu’s character. President Buhari is taking a huge risk by investigating Magu, but it is the right thing. If Magu is clean, he will be returned to his position. If he is found to be culpable, he should be made to face the music.
If AG Malami is behind Magu’s travails, he should know that he is also not above investigation. And he better be clean, too! Everyone who is corrupt or suspected of being corrupt should be investigated.
What do you think?